After all the paperwork was completed, with reference letters from their Bishops, they traveled to the USA a few times during the time between the World Wars for fundraising with the purpose of collecting funds for God’s given purpose in the country. At first, this difficult quest overseas was undertaken by sea, consecutively by the Mother General, alone or in company of a Sister. The first trip was by Mother General Apolonia Sokolowska; the next by Mother Malgorzata Wladyslawa Szyndler. This trip probably ended when funds to construct all the buildings to house the orphan boys and girls in Luck and Kovel, and the General House of the Order in Luck, were collected. Through God’s almighty hand and against the backdrop of life curves, there was a pleasant surprise for the Congregation of Missionary Sisters of St. Benedict.
During her second fundraising trip overseas, Mother Malgorzata (together with Sister Witolda Maria Warchol since 1938), during the fifth general chapter of the Congregation on June 29, 1939 in Lucko, was chosen again as Mother General. She was called back to the country. This became impossible because the delegate of the Holy See in New York prohibited Sisters from returning to Poland during war-time and ordered them to stay permanently in the USA. Two Missionary Sisters of St. Benedict stayed in America because of necessity. First they stayed with the Felician Sisters in New York, and the Pastor of the Polish Parish of Saint Stanislaw Kostka in this city, Prelate Father Feliks Burant (1893-1964), as chaplain of Polish – National Association in Brooklyn, he made sure that the Association (on their request) gave a donation on February 12, 1940 a 14 acre property with a wooden house in the Town of Huntington on Long Island, State of New York. This property originally was given to the veterans, but they did not use this chance and they lost the property.
The time during World War II was a very difficult time for Mother Malgorzata and Sister Witolda because of the isolation from occupied Poland (by the Nazis and Bolsheviks). During this unrest in Poland, they were unable to obtain any news and information from their homeland. Only corresponding with Bishop Ignacy Dub-Dubowski, who was in Rome, were they able to learn about the new dangers to the Church and the Sisters at the Eastern Borderlands of the Second Republic of Poland. Together with the assignment of the property and the house on Long Island to the Sisters of St. Benedict certain tasks existed: caring for Polish Children during the summer vacation, and then having a summer house for adults. The Sisters had difficulty fulfilling this task due to the old age and bad living conditions. Although they had small funds for their use, as soon as the War was over they thought of helping the sisters, who, due to the Nazi and Bolshevik violence, had to leave the eastern borders of the former Republic of Poland in 1945 and after a long wandering they settled in the Recovered Territories in Kwidzyn, where they once again formed the Congregation’s Mother House and the novitiate.
Both Benedictine sisters succeeded even after the war, in 1946, as soon as maritime communication resumed to arrive for a few months in Poland. Mother Malgorzata was still – since June 1939 – the legal superior of the Congregation, therefore with a motherly care she tried her best to provide material and spiritual help to the Missionary Sisters of St. Benedict injured by War in the Eastern Borderlands, who arrived at the invitation of Fr. Dr. Szczepan Smarzych, the pastor of the Holy Trinity Church in Kwidzyn. Sisters in Huntington could not earn their own support and support for the Congregation in Poland, so they went around to collect money for this purpose. During the three months stay in Poland, Mother Małgorzata, as Superior General, accompanied by Sister Witolda hurried with material and spiritual assistance to the Congregation. She strengthened the funds of the Mother House in Kwidzyn, visited almost all the houses of the Congregation, and brought them support.
After returning to the United States, Mother Małgorzata was helping the sisters in Poland however she could, by sending gifts to them. In 1950 the help from America was very limited by the Polish state authorities by imposing a high customs duty. That year, after World War II the first General Chapter of the Congregation took place, to which Mother Małgorzata Szyndler, although she was a general superior, could not come because she did not receive a visa. She therefore renounced this authority in a letter addressed to the sisters in the Chapter. In reply the Chapter thanked her for the past concern for the Congregation. She was given a life-long title of Mother, and the newly elected general superior, Mother Tekla Paulina Domańska sent her a decree to take over the Community in Huntington as a Superior. The situation of the place after the war became quite uncertain. On the one hand, the American church authorities required more professional preparation for the nursing work of the sisters; on the other, the Polish people’s authority made it difficult to endeavor the Polish sisters to leave to USA and there were no local vocations.
Under such conditions, the Superior General of the Congregation decided in 1957 to liquidate the Huntington facility and sell the property. Mother Malgorzata could not agree with this ordinance. More and more positive opinions of religious and diocesan priests of Polish origin, among whom was Fr. Dennis Babilewicz, OFM and Fr. Julian Zasowski, as well as Mother Margaret’s request made the general authority of the Congregation in 1957, to withdraw the decision to liquidate the home in Huntington. At that time, a green light appeared over the ocean for the Benedictine Sisters that gave a spark of hope for the development of the facility. In the years 1957-1959, however, the situation did not change much. Even the arrival of Polish sisters Anastazja Witkowska and Eleonora Michalec, who were not yet prepared to take care of elderly people in difficult conditions of the house, without the chapel and the daily Mass, did not help much. It was only necessary to make radical decisions of the Congregation’s general board, that is, to send a new group of sisters from Poland with the mandate of taking up the local board to organize this religious institution from the ground up legally, materially and spiritually.